Saturday, October 21, 2006

Anniversary Day

Written on the what would have been my 21st annivesary.... so much healing has happened since the divorce I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Anniversary Day

My heart remembers,
times and places
people and things.

Placed in time
by numbers
don’t mean much to you-
set my soul by them.

Each year they come and go
and I remember.
Each passing
in my mind’s eye
like a photograph.

Faded black and white images
vivid color pieces of time
split second moments
captured fragments of life.

Tears fall
laughter bubbles up
treasured moments
remembered with a sigh.

This life is short,
the journey rocky
paved with these memories.

Wouldn’t trade a single minute-
they have brought me here
to this understanding
to this place
to this anniversary day.

1 comment:

JargonTalk said...

Amazing how the perspective of time changes things so much, isn't it?