Saturday, June 05, 2010

Breaking down

Long knock-down

drag out

days

of waiting

wondering

what does it all

mean…

Pulled in one

direction

led in another

pushed behind

toppled over…

 

I waited

you gave

me

hope

your words

telling me

it would all

be

worked

out

 

We’ll pull it off

make it work

one foot in

front of the

other

making something

rational

of it all

hang on

hold on

let go

come back

I need

she needs

no time

time’s running out

not enough

plenty left

 

plus me

no comment

back off

check it out

 

together

we’re wonderful

we’re

too

far

apart

 

Come now

wait awhile

first things first

a car

a job

a home

unstable

unable

life’s in flux

just my luck

 

you don’t

call

you

promised

you

would

I know you heard me

ring

I know you did

 

Left me

hanging

waiting

planning

kept it quiet

should have run

had so much to

say

so much to

share

so much to

give

 

They said

He may be

handsome

but he’s

stupid

he

doesn’t know

what

he’s

passing

up

good woman

good mind

big heart

kind soul

 

actions speak

louder than words

and the silence

is deafening…

 

I’ve heard it all before…

No comments: